Google

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Experiments talk - Emotional benefits of rain



More often than not, when we think of rain we do it with rather negative or mixed feelings - another damn rainy day/ when will the rain stop so I cam get on with my life/ damn rain is ruining all my plans and so on and so forth.

But what most of us don't know is that rain is actually extremely beneficial for our well being. During rainy periods the Earth itself cleanses, goes through procedures of purifying everything that is toxic and causing problems. And guess what? The same thing applies to our body, but on a more subtle level. 

So why not take advantage of this natural cleansing way? 

Curl up in bed, take a hot cup of your favorite tea and just sit in silence. Use these moments only for yourself, think of them as your me-time. Use this time to indulge, to analyse your feelings, thoughts, emotions. Make a review of what has been going on in your life lately, where have you focused all your energy? Was it in your closest goals or was it spread in life's distractions? 

I personally love to use these moments only for thinking, for light meditation if you will. I peacefully go through every aspect of my life, through all that I have been doing lately. It helps me gain clarity over my life and my general goals, as we tend to get miss-tracked a lot. One evening spent in bed, with my windows opened to hear the rain ends up refreshing me more than I can imagine, helps me to put things into perspective and re-charges me for what I have ahead. It make me be happy for the good things in my life and willing to find solutions for those that need improvement.

It is raining now and the weather forecasts show rain for several more days. Use this time selfishly and visualize how the rain is cleaning all your worries and gives you optimism and perspective. Sometimes 5 minutes can bring you more than an entire day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics